Monday, June 29, 2009

Michael’s Home!! ~

I was able to bring Michael home this morning. We seen the doctor this morning, discussed our schedule for the next few weeks, and he said Michael could get his Nuelasta shot and go home. We packed in a hurry and ready to go by 9am.

Michael counts look pretty good right now. Michael will start antibiotics on Thursday. We have a doctor’s appointment in next Monday and will have labs. We will do labs again on the morning of July 16th at the doctor’s office again and if all looks good; we will begin his next round of chemo. By having labs at the doctor’s office then admitting, things ran much smoother this round.

He had no nausea on our drive home. The pink bucket didn’t even ride home with us. I guess after 21 years he is finally getting use to my driving. Once he did get home, he has been trying to sleep on and off. He did have some nausea around dinner time, but we were able to control it. He is still getting the headaches, but those too we are keeping at a control. He looks pretty tired right now. Hopefully he can get some sleep now that we are home in our own bed.

Sending prayers to all your beautiful people fighting this dreaded disease.

2 comments:

Katherine's Journey said...

Dear Michael and Mel,
One more milestone. Please know that I think of you daily and when I do you are receiving a prayer. I truly wish there were more that I could do for you, but prayers seem to be at the top of the list.
Lots of Love, cousin Kathy

Betty Kay said...

You two are my insperation. Keeping you both in my prayers.
Sending you all a great big HUG.
love,BK