Friday, January 8, 2010

Quick Update ~

Busy, busy, busy… Don’t know if I ever have time to stop anymore. Christmas and New Year has come and gone. We hope everyone had a wonderful and safe Christmas and New Year. Ours was nice and quiet.

Michael has been doing OK. He has his good days and his bad days. We just take it one day at a time. Michael let his facial hair grow out to a full beard. Almost looked like grizzly Adams. He finally cut it off this past weekend. He figured he’d better clean himself up, was getting some funny looks out in public. I will have to post a photo when I get home. The hair on his head, not so much growth yet. Slow growing, but so baby fine and soft.

His 3 months is next week. We will go on Sunday (yes I said Sunday) to have all of his scans done. After his scans, we will meet with his orthopedic surgeon, his neurosurgeon, and his oncologist. We will have a week full of doctors’ visits. I am so nervous about his scans and I am sure he is as well. Please pray for NED, this is the only word we want to hear!

Going to keep this short, I will try to update again this weekend and if not, definitely will update once we here the first word on his scans. Thank you again to everyone who keeps Michael and me in your thoughts and prayers. You all mean the world to us and we are forever grateful. We love each and every one of you!! Also, continue to keep all these beautiful, courageous people fighting this dreaded disease in your thoughts and prayers. We need to continue to fight and find a cure.
*Hugs*
Melodie

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"God is near those crushed in spirit. He sees every tear, feels every pain. When no one else can possibly understand the condition of your soul, God knows. If all you can do is breathe, he is as close as that breathe."

I will continue prayers for both of you and your family. You are never far from my mind and I talk of you often.

Thank you again for that wonderful surprise for Christmas. I could not have enjoyed anything more, except maybe your presence also.

Love you,
Kathy