Saturday, January 31, 2009

Still Running a Fever

Michael is still on his antibiotics and is still running a low fever. Yesterday his fever was running anywhere from 98.0 – 100.2. Last night I did get worried when it reached 100.2, but that is the highest it reached. It did come down and we stayed home.

Today so far, it has been going between 97.5 and 99.6. He is not really coughing, no sore throat, no stuffy / runny nose, etc. He just feels “blah” and is achy. His color still does not look very good and he is still weak and tired. I feel like a mom looking after her sick infant. I “bug” him every hour or so checking his temp. I even wake up every hour or so to check his temp. I am sure he is real tired of me. The fever is really worrying me. You would think this antibiotic would begin to work by now.

I am going to continue my motherly type checking his temp. If it does go up through the night, I will make the trip to Dallas to get him to the hospital. Please keep Michael in your prayers. I will update again if anything changes.

2 comments:

Katherine's Journey said...

Michael is in my prayers and you as well.

This is a horrific journey that he is on and I know he looks forward to the day when is feeling better and through with the chemo - as we all are.

God Bless
Cousin Kathy in CO

Katherine's Journey said...

It's In The Valley I Grow

Sometimes life seems hard to bear,
Full of sorrow, trouble and woe
It's then I have to remember,
That it's in the valley I grow,

If I always stayed on the mountain top,
And never experienced pain,
I would never appreciate God's love,
And would be living in vain.
I have so much to learn,
And my growth is very slow,
Sometimes I need the mountain tops,
But it's in the valley I grow.

I do not always understand,
Why things happen as they do,
But I am very sure of one thing.
My Lord will see me through.
My little valleys are nothing,
When I picture Christ on the cross
He went through the valley of death;
His victory was Satan's loss.
Forgive me Lord, for complaining,
When I'm feeling so very low.
Just give me a gentle reminder,
That it's in the valleys I grow.

Continue to strengthen me,
Lord, And use my life each day
To share your love with others,
And help them find their way.
Thank you for valleys, Lord,
For this one thing I know
The mountain tops are glorious,
But it's in the valleys I grow!