Saturday, August 29, 2009

Treatment Update ~

His treatments are going ok. On Thursday, they did get him started around 1:00 so he was able to finish around 2am. That evening, he started with a headache and his nausea kicked in enough he had to ask for some anti-nausea meds. It took about 3 hours to finally get it all under control. His fatigue is setting in as well. It didn’t help to listen to the jackhammers all night. They have been working on the parking lot outside the building for the past 2 months and Thursday night, they decided to pull an all night work out there with the big lights shining through the windows.

Friday he seemed to do a little better. They started around 1:00 again. He did experience some nausea again, but was able to control it on his own. He really doesn’t like taking the anti-nausea meds as it makes him real loopy.

He’s resting now. The doctor this morning said he would move his treatment up an hour or so to help get us out the door a little earlier tomorrow. One more day to go this round, he’s hoping to keep the side-effects away again.

As always, please continue to keep all those beautiful people, our sarcoma friends and everyone fighting any cancer in your prayers.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I must admit that I am a little put out that they did not mention the - "5-Day Sancuso Patch Fights Nausea From Cancer Chemotherapy"
or the other one that all the nurses were talking about - the "Scopolamie Patch" This is the one that they used on me when I had surgery on Friday. All the nurses were saying how they used them when they went on cruises, on the winding roads through the mountains, car sickness, etc.

The patch worked great and I did not have the faintest of nausa when I came out of the atisetic.

I sure wish I had known about this when I was going through chemo. It sounds like this is something they should be giving to Michael each time he has chemo, especially with his side-effect.

http://www.transdermscop.com/transderm-scop-patient-information.htm

http://www.webmd.com/cancer/news/20080915/chemo-nausea-patch-approved

I listed a couple of sights that you may want to look at.

Now that he has only one tretment left - it still might help him. I don't know why the make us suffer so much when a little patch will help us come through the cancer just a bit more comfortable.

Love you all. Keep fighting and please keep the faith.

FAITH is not believing that God can; it is knowing tht He will.

Think I missed your birthday Melanie but I do hope it was a good one for you.